Square Enix Issue Free Play Time Following Final Fantasy XIV Teething Problems
While it may be wrong to expect the perfect MMO launch, some still consider it a god given right. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn may have been met with massive praise from players and critics in regards to the actual game, but the huge amount of interest has left the servers under too much strain. As such the developers announced a rather lengthy maintenance period that will see the game offline for 10 hours.
Today the developers announced that all Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn accounts will be given an additional 7 days worth of free game time, to make up for the current problems and lack of solution.
Because login and character creation restrictions have hindered our ability to provide quality service, all FINAL FANTASY XIV service accounts will receive an additional seven days of free play time. Furthermore, users who have yet to enter their registration codes will receive an additional seven-day trial should they register before 11:59 p.m. (PDT) on September 9, 2013. Moving forward, we will continue monitoring the servers to ensure that quality service and support are provided in a timely manner.
The additional seven days will be reflected on service accounts after maintenance has concluded on September 4, 2013, which can be confirmed by accessing the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Armored Warfare Early Access 5 Launching With New Base Features August 28, 2015
- Steam Opens Free Weekend For ARK: Survival Evolved August 28, 2015
- Aeria Games Introduce Community Created Content To S4 League August 26, 2015
- R2Games Announce Winterfrost Alpha August 26, 2015
- Player Housing In The Elder Scrolls Online - The Challenges Facing Zenimax 2015-08-03 18:32:07