ArenaNet Cease Development On Guild Wars
Despite its massive popularity over the games 8 year lifespan the developers, ArenaNet, have announced that they will no longer be updating their flagship MMO. Guild Wars became popular due to its heavy focus on PvP, unique leveling system, exciting events and dedicated community. The success of the original title has given ArenaNet all they needed to create a sequel in the form of Guild Wars 2, arguably one of the most popular MMO games on the market today.
The developers have said a few minor updates will take place to allow the game to run on automated settings, meaning events and festivities will still take place but without the need of developers at the helm. It’s a sad day for any Guild Wars fan but it was inevitable once the release of Guild Wars 2 was announced.
If you’re looking to play free RPG games online, stay tuned to the XMMORPG website where we have over 600 games in our database, catering to every type of gamer and every type of taste!
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Huge Content Update Arrives For Zombies Ate My Pizza April 23, 2014
- Night Prowler Bastet Joins The SMITE Battlefield April 23, 2014
- Kingdom Under Fire II CBT To Allow EU & NA Gamers Access April 23, 2014
- Cross Server Tournament Announced For League Of Angels April 23, 2014
- Why Is The MOBA Genre Still Lacking Character Creation & Customization? 2014-04-16 13:48:32