ArenaNet Cease Development On Guild Wars
Despite its massive popularity over the games 8 year lifespan the developers, ArenaNet, have announced that they will no longer be updating their flagship MMO. Guild Wars became popular due to its heavy focus on PvP, unique leveling system, exciting events and dedicated community. The success of the original title has given ArenaNet all they needed to create a sequel in the form of Guild Wars 2, arguably one of the most popular MMO games on the market today.
The developers have said a few minor updates will take place to allow the game to run on automated settings, meaning events and festivities will still take place but without the need of developers at the helm. It’s a sad day for any Guild Wars fan but it was inevitable once the release of Guild Wars 2 was announced.
If you’re looking to play free RPG games online, stay tuned to the XMMORPG website where we have over 600 games in our database, catering to every type of gamer and every type of taste!
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Blue Beetle Set To Debut In Infinite Crisis April 16, 2014
- Heroic Celebrations For 3rd Anniversary In Super Hero Squad Online April 16, 2014
- Swordsman Online Class Reveal Trailer April 15, 2014
- Monkey King Online Leaps Into Open Beta April 14, 2014
- Why Is The MOBA Genre Still Lacking Character Creation & Customization? 2014-04-16 13:48:32