ArenaNet Cease Development On Guild Wars
Despite its massive popularity over the games 8 year lifespan the developers, ArenaNet, have announced that they will no longer be updating their flagship MMO. Guild Wars became popular due to its heavy focus on PvP, unique leveling system, exciting events and dedicated community. The success of the original title has given ArenaNet all they needed to create a sequel in the form of Guild Wars 2, arguably one of the most popular MMO games on the market today.
The developers have said a few minor updates will take place to allow the game to run on automated settings, meaning events and festivities will still take place but without the need of developers at the helm. It’s a sad day for any Guild Wars fan but it was inevitable once the release of Guild Wars 2 was announced.
If you’re looking to play free RPG games online, stay tuned to the XMMORPG website where we have over 600 games in our database, catering to every type of gamer and every type of taste!
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- New Science-Fiction Epic From Creators Of MechWarrior Online September 10, 2014
- Xsyon Introduces Farming & Cooking Systems September 10, 2014
- Microsoft Rumored To Be Acquiring Mojang For $2 Billion September 10, 2014
- Destiny Ships $500 Million To Retail September 10, 2014
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21