U.S Army To Read Gamers Minds
A Minnesota University has announced details of a new software program named, Ninja Metrics. The new software is designed to data mine information from games to help producers target more specific audiences and teach game publishers what exactly is making the average player sink hours everyday into MMORPG titles like World of Warcraft. There are many types of gamer, and the potential of being able to target such specific groups is a huge interest to the industry with many MMO companies floating almost purely on micro transactions profits.
The project has received funding from various sources, including the U.S Army and Air Force Research Laboratories. Common advertising methods today attempt to focus on an individual while ignoring other variables and influences, this new software will allow companies to mine data from practically any game on any platform, allowing them to gather far more game related information than was previously available. Developers and publishers hope to know what will make you spend your money before you’ve even spent it and the interest from the American military makes this story even more interesting.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Chronicle: RuneScape Legends Enters Closed Beta November 26, 2015
- Black Desert Closed Beta Incoming November 26, 2015
- Manual Targeting Hardcore MMO Sphere 3: Enchanted World Launching December 2nd November 25, 2015
- Riot Games Continue Efforts To Clean Up League Of Legends Community November 25, 2015
- 5 Of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide's Biggest Problems 2015-10-29 22:18:22