U.S Army To Read Gamers Minds
A Minnesota University has announced details of a new software program named, Ninja Metrics. The new software is designed to data mine information from games to help producers target more specific audiences and teach game publishers what exactly is making the average player sink hours everyday into MMORPG titles like World of Warcraft. There are many types of gamer, and the potential of being able to target such specific groups is a huge interest to the industry with many MMO companies floating almost purely on micro transactions profits.
The project has received funding from various sources, including the U.S Army and Air Force Research Laboratories. Common advertising methods today attempt to focus on an individual while ignoring other variables and influences, this new software will allow companies to mine data from practically any game on any platform, allowing them to gather far more game related information than was previously available. Developers and publishers hope to know what will make you spend your money before you’ve even spent it and the interest from the American military makes this story even more interesting.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- XP Event For Star Trek Online Begins Today March 7, 2014
- Player Housing Heading To The Old Republic March 7, 2014
- Scylla Joins The Ranks Of SMITE March 6, 2014
- Check Out This Awesome Coverage From The Auraxis Front Lines March 6, 2014
- SMITE Could Be The Best Beta Journey In MMO History 2014-03-06 19:34:19