The Rise And Fall Of Star Wars: The Old Republic
Hailed as one of the most anticipated MMORPG games of this generation, Bioware’s Star Wars: The Old Republic has struggled with subscribers since the release, and now Bioware have just announced that the game will be going to a free to play model this fall.
To prepare for the transition to free to play, the box version of Star Wars: The Old Republic will be reduced to $14.99, and will still include the standard one month subscription. Current subscribers, and those that continue to subscribe, will be given monthly rewards in the form of Cartel Coins, the games micro-transaction currency.
We’ve seen some of the best MMO titles hit the big time, we’ve seen others fade away, but nobody was really expecting Star Wars: The Old Republic to go free to play so quickly.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Player Made Town Art Showcased In Fallen Earth March 11, 2014
- New Huttball Pit Previewed In Star Wars: The Old Republic March 11, 2014
- New Final Fantasy XIV Mount Revealed March 11, 2014
- Heroes Getting The Midas Effect In Hearthstone March 11, 2014
- SMITE Could Be The Best Beta Journey In MMO History 2014-03-06 19:34:19