The Rise And Fall Of Star Wars: The Old Republic
Hailed as one of the most anticipated MMORPG games of this generation, Bioware’s Star Wars: The Old Republic has struggled with subscribers since the release, and now Bioware have just announced that the game will be going to a free to play model this fall.
To prepare for the transition to free to play, the box version of Star Wars: The Old Republic will be reduced to $14.99, and will still include the standard one month subscription. Current subscribers, and those that continue to subscribe, will be given monthly rewards in the form of Cartel Coins, the games micro-transaction currency.
We’ve seen some of the best MMO titles hit the big time, we’ve seen others fade away, but nobody was really expecting Star Wars: The Old Republic to go free to play so quickly.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- End Of Season Rewards Revealed For League Of Legends August 26, 2014
- It’s Getting Murderous In Velvet Sundown August 26, 2014
- MapleStory 2 Alpha Dates Announced August 26, 2014
- Lifeless Alpha Launch August 26, 2014
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21