The Rise And Fall Of Star Wars: The Old Republic
Hailed as one of the most anticipated MMORPG games of this generation, Bioware’s Star Wars: The Old Republic has struggled with subscribers since the release, and now Bioware have just announced that the game will be going to a free to play model this fall.
To prepare for the transition to free to play, the box version of Star Wars: The Old Republic will be reduced to $14.99, and will still include the standard one month subscription. Current subscribers, and those that continue to subscribe, will be given monthly rewards in the form of Cartel Coins, the games micro-transaction currency.
We’ve seen some of the best MMO titles hit the big time, we’ve seen others fade away, but nobody was really expecting Star Wars: The Old Republic to go free to play so quickly.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- MMO Developer Will Continue To Charge Subscriptions After Closing Down The Game November 27, 2015
- Armored Warfare Players Celebrate Black Friday November 27, 2015
- Chronicle: RuneScape Legends Enters Closed Beta November 26, 2015
- Black Desert Closed Beta Incoming November 26, 2015
- 5 Of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide's Biggest Problems 2015-10-29 22:18:22