The Old Republic Says No To Homosexuality
Anyone that has been involved in the Star Wars: The Old Republic community will surely be aware of the massive debate on the forums over the issue of same sex relationships. Although this is commonly accepted in many areas around the world today, Bioware have announced they will offer no support for any same sex relationships in the game. During the game players will be able to choose to have relationships with various companions in the form of romance arcs, something Bioware console game fans will be familiar with, this unlocks romantic scenes and gestures that Bioware thought would not be suitable for the Star Wars universe.
This sparked outrage among some of the community with players describing Bioware’s business ethics as homophobic, despite having the lore of the Star Wars universe to back up their comment. At no point in any of the Star Wars references do you hear of same sex relationships, Luke Skywalker falling in love with his sister is about as close as you get to romance controversy. Did you ever hear of Chewbacca and Han Solo going on a date?
What’s your opinion? Are people over reacting or do they have a genuine case?
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Big Balance Changes Coming To Skyforge November 30, 2015
- Spatium New Planetary Crafting MMO Hits Kickstarter November 30, 2015
- Star Citizen To Invite 50,000 Citizens To Alpha 2.0 November 30, 2015
- The Repopulation Faces Extinction Level Event November 30, 2015
- 5 Of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide's Biggest Problems 2015-10-29 22:18:22