TERA Online Free To Play Huge Success In Korea
TERA Online was one of the most exciting MMO games to launch in 2012 but failed to impress many players due to the subscription fee. Since that time the developers in Korea, NHN Hangame, have changed the game to a more friendly free to play micro transaction system, with amazing results.
The current population of TERA Online is over 3x that of the pay to play version with the most popular server, the experience server, even seeing queuing times to get into the game. A second experience server has been created to help deal with the mass of players. The forums have also seen a massive purge in popularity, with thousands of new players discussing builds, tactics and quests. Hopefully we’ll see similar in the US/EU version in coming months.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- XP Event For Star Trek Online Begins Today March 7, 2014
- Player Housing Heading To The Old Republic March 7, 2014
- Scylla Joins The Ranks Of SMITE March 6, 2014
- Check Out This Awesome Coverage From The Auraxis Front Lines March 6, 2014
- SMITE Could Be The Best Beta Journey In MMO History 2014-03-06 19:34:19