Star Wars: The Old Republic Smashes Subscriber Records
Unless you have spent the last few months living under a rock, you’re surely aware of the latest MMORPG release to cause waves, Star Wars: The Old Republic. Since launch, the game has already had numerous updates and fixes and new information released by EA has proven that they’re doing it right.
The report, that EA has prepared for the upcoming investors conference, included details on the current subscriber base, total sales and future content. The game sold over 2 million copies in one month, out of those 2 million, 1.7 million have continued to subscribe. These numbers have meant that EA’s The Old Republic is now one of the fastest growing subscription MMORPG games in history.
Expect more fixes, a major patch in March, and a lot of attention towards increasing PvP activity in coming months.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- MMO Developer Will Continue To Charge Subscriptions After Closing Down The Game November 27, 2015
- Armored Warfare Players Celebrate Black Friday November 27, 2015
- Chronicle: RuneScape Legends Enters Closed Beta November 26, 2015
- Black Desert Closed Beta Incoming November 26, 2015
- 5 Of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide's Biggest Problems 2015-10-29 22:18:22