Star Wars: The Old Republic Smashes Pre-Order Records
In a recent announcement from EA, details emerged of the pre-order numbers for The Old Republic reaching a record high. The only other EA title close to contention is the massively popular Battlefield 3 but EA stated that the ToR numbers were “significantly up from there”.
EA have previously announced subscriber numbers of 500,000 players would be enough to maintain the game but they’ve kept it no secret that they eventually hope to compete with the whopping 11 million subscribers to MMO rivals World of Warcraft.
The game has been available to pre-order since July 21st and has already surpassed BF3 which was available to pre-order much earlier. Countless MMO’s have broken records before launch and still managed to fall short of expectations. Darkfall Online had followers for over 10 years and still battles to maintain subscriber numbers, Cryptic had years of experience with City of Heroes and still Champions Online suffered from a lack luster launch.
There will be a time where an MMO will meet expectations and eventually World of Warcraft will have to take a step down from the MMO throne but has that time come?
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Double RP And New Flight School’s Arrive In Grand Theft Auto Online September 2, 2014
- Warframe Xbox One Release Is Here September 2, 2014
- Tribal Wars 2 Open Beta Arrives September 2, 2014
- Stronghold Crusader’s Gets A Dose Of Girl Power September 2, 2014
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21