Star Wars: The Old Republic – Longer Queues Than Santa’s Grotto
The recently released pay to play MMORPG from Bioware, Star Wars: The Old Republic, has been met with praise throughout the industry but has just recently hit its first major MMO bump. The game officially released and for the most part, it went smoothly, however, shortly after the release and ending of the grace period, thousands of players were unable to play.
Players must have completed several steps on the website such as completing security questions, adding a billing method and adding their product key code, before they’re able to play again. This is pretty normal for MMO games but since ToR has hundreds of thousands of people waiting to play it, the website soon succumbed to massive traffic forcing Bioware to add a queuing system to gain access to the account page. Some players then had issues as the pre-order code wasn’t the correct one required to play after launch.
Overall, it’s the first big bump for newbie MMO publishers Bioware and for the most part, they’ve dealt with it very well but anyone can see, this is enough ammunition for the doom-sayers to start ranting on their forums of choice.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- XP Event For Star Trek Online Begins Today March 7, 2014
- Player Housing Heading To The Old Republic March 7, 2014
- Scylla Joins The Ranks Of SMITE March 6, 2014
- Check Out This Awesome Coverage From The Auraxis Front Lines March 6, 2014
- SMITE Could Be The Best Beta Journey In MMO History 2014-03-06 19:34:19