Star Wars: The Old Republic Battles Declining Subscription Numbers
Easily the most popular MMORPG title to be released in the last 5 years, Star Wars: The Old Republic is under threat after a report was recently released providing details on a quite heavy decline in active subscribers. Cowen & Company, a leading marketing analyst, reported that Star Wars: The Old Republic’s subscription base would lose hundreds of thousands of players by March 2013.
Bioware responded as Daniel Erickson, the lead writer at Bioware, said that there was no evidence to support the claim. However, he did also mention upcoming server merges to combat light population problems, a move that is usually associated with a declining player base.
Either way, Star Wars: The Old Republic is still one of the most dominant MMORPG games on the market and despite this report, still continues to impress gamers across the globe.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- XP Event For Star Trek Online Begins Today March 7, 2014
- Player Housing Heading To The Old Republic March 7, 2014
- Scylla Joins The Ranks Of SMITE March 6, 2014
- Check Out This Awesome Coverage From The Auraxis Front Lines March 6, 2014
- SMITE Could Be The Best Beta Journey In MMO History 2014-03-06 19:34:19