Star Wars: The Old Republic, A New Approach To Raid Loot
In a recent announcement from Bioware‘s Stephen Reid, details emerged about the Raiding Reward system in the upcoming MMORPG, The Old Republic. The majority of MMO games focus on high level rewards with lower drop rates, usually resulting in most players in a raid party leaving the raid with very little other than bragging rights. The Old Republic is constantly attempting to break the mold of the typical MMORPG and this newest announcement adds even more credibility to that cause.
Currently called “Loot Containers”, each players in a raid party will be rewarded with one of this containers after defeating certain high level bosses. Each container will reward the player with a strong piece of class specific equipment or commendations, which can be accumulated and used to purchase stronger gear. Although the feature is still in the testing phase and may change drastically by launch date, any MMO player can appreciate the chance to get class specific drops each and every time they raid. Gone are the days of spending weeks trawling the same dungeon for 1 specific piece of gear, finally an MMO has stepped up to the plate and challenge the typical reward approach seen so often in today’s MMO titles.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- The Imperial City Heading To The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited August 31, 2015
- ASUS Teams Up With World Of Warships August 31, 2015
- Motiga Launch Closed Beta For Gigantic August 28, 2015
- Guild Wars 2 Heart Of Thorns Launch Date Announced August 28, 2015
- Player Housing In The Elder Scrolls Online - The Challenges Facing Zenimax 2015-08-03 18:32:07