Star Wars: The Old Republic, A New Approach To Raid Loot
In a recent announcement from Bioware‘s Stephen Reid, details emerged about the Raiding Reward system in the upcoming MMORPG, The Old Republic. The majority of MMO games focus on high level rewards with lower drop rates, usually resulting in most players in a raid party leaving the raid with very little other than bragging rights. The Old Republic is constantly attempting to break the mold of the typical MMORPG and this newest announcement adds even more credibility to that cause.
Currently called “Loot Containers”, each players in a raid party will be rewarded with one of this containers after defeating certain high level bosses. Each container will reward the player with a strong piece of class specific equipment or commendations, which can be accumulated and used to purchase stronger gear. Although the feature is still in the testing phase and may change drastically by launch date, any MMO player can appreciate the chance to get class specific drops each and every time they raid. Gone are the days of spending weeks trawling the same dungeon for 1 specific piece of gear, finally an MMO has stepped up to the plate and challenge the typical reward approach seen so often in today’s MMO titles.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Dizzel Early Access Arrives August 20, 2014
- Lifeless Comes To Life August 23rd August 20, 2014
- Requiem : Rage of Voxyon – Final Chapter Arrives August 19, 2014
- SMITE Begins Building Prize Pool For 2015 World Championship August 19, 2014
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21