Star Trek Online Will Go Free To Play
Perfect World Entertainment recently bought Cryptic Studio’s from developers Atari for a whopping $50 million with their main aim of turning Star Trek Online into a more profitable title. Like most MMO titles released over recent years, STO failed to deliver anything really unique and was pretty much the same old MMO game that we’re all used to playing but wrapped in Star Trek packaging.
Perfect World Entertainment aren’t known for bringing anything really unique to MMO games but they have shown that they have what it takes to manage successful free to play titles with many of their games attracting a reliable player base and pulling in the money via micro transactions.
Gamers are getting fed up of paying full retail price and a monthly subscription for games that have next to no shelf life, many top titles have boasted breaking the boundaries of MMO games but the majority fall to free to play within a matter of months. No exact date has been released yet but Perfect World Entertainment did say players will see STO enter the free to play market before the end of 2011.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Motiga Launch Closed Beta For Gigantic August 28, 2015
- Guild Wars 2 Heart Of Thorns Launch Date Announced August 28, 2015
- Armored Warfare Early Access 5 Launching With New Base Features August 28, 2015
- Steam Opens Free Weekend For ARK: Survival Evolved August 28, 2015
- Player Housing In The Elder Scrolls Online - The Challenges Facing Zenimax 2015-08-03 18:32:07