Runes of Magic Chapter II – The Elven Prophecy announced
In the course of a multi-stage launch Frogster will officially release the final content of Runes of Magic`s second chapter on 15 September 2009.
Berlin, 13.08.2009: In the course of a multi-stage launch Frogster will officially release the final content of Runes of Magic’s second chapter on 15 September 2009. Leading up to that date, Berlin-based publisher Frogster will deploy a large content update to the servers. On the same day, a boxed version of ‘Chapter II – The Elven Prophecy’ will also be available in German, French and Spanish retail stores for €9,90 (RRP).
Included in the box are the game client on DVD and several exclusive collector’s items: Players will have access to a Manticore pet, to accompany them on their journeys, a printed manual and a poster-sized world map of Taborea. Buyers will also have a time-limited mount at their disposal: a Thunder Wartiger.
To help players during their first steps in the game’s world, a starter kit worth more than 10 Euros is also included in the box. The experience potion, for example, will help players level faster for a period of time, a special carpet will enable them to decorate their in-game house, or they can use the materials included in the starter kit to improve their weapons and armor.
In August, Frogster will release the first set of features and content to the live servers and with the box, Frogster will finalize the multi-phase launch of Runes of Magic ‘Chapter II – The Elven Prophecy’.
Runes of Magic – a world full of wizardry and adventure
The German and English versions of Runes of Magic were released on 19 March 2009. Anyone can download the online role-playing game for free at: www.runesofmagic.com and can plunge into the game world after a short registration process.
With an extensive range of features, Runes of Magic is redefining the standard for free-to-play massively multiplayer online role playing games. Runes of Magic features an absorbing story through more than 1,600 quests, in a vibrant fantasy world. Players can choose from six main classes, combined with a secondary class, presenting 30 individual combinations of character classes over all. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts like war horses and more.
A particularly attractive feature is the ability for players and guilds to arrange and furnish their virtual homes. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, exciting PvP and demanding dungeons and boss monsters, there is something for everyone.
Taiwanese developer Runewaker developed Runes of Magic according to western MMO standards over three years. The studio is providing new challenges for players every four to five months with free add-ons and updates. You can find more information, pictures, videos, and the game available for free download via the official website: www.runesofmagic.com.
• Free-to-play: no monthly fees, free download
• Extensive dual class system (six primary and secondary classes)
• Versatile spell and attack combinations
• Enthralling background story
• More than 1,600 quests and quest series
• No zone boundaries thanks to seamless architecture
• Dungeons: Instanced, tile based, and persistent
• Individually developable skills and spells
• Armour sets with special bonuses
• Dynamic item system with hundreds of runes for upgrading
• Optional PvP system with arena battles
• Ranking system with player-ranking lists
• Multitude of unique mounts
• Epic crafting system with the ability to improve existing items
• Personalization of player houses through individual furnishing
• Reputation system
• Customisable user interface with the option to use Add-Ons
• Map and radar system to easily find dealers, resources and quests
• In-game auction houses for trading items
• Teleport-Runes for instant travel
• Mouse and keyboard controls for movement
• Regular updates with new content
• Guild castles in special zones
• Cross-server fights in three-server-battle and guild wars in development
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21