Rift Online Going Free To Play
By popular demand Trion Worlds have announced that their award-winning MMORPG game, Rift Planes of Telara, will now be available as a free-to-play MMO game. On June 12th 2013 Trion Worlds will adopt the free-to-play business model for Rift Online, offering players the opportunity to experience every dungeon, zone and level as they get full access to all current content and future game updates.
“We have been listening to feedback from our players and watching the continuously developing MMO community, and are now ready to launch RIFT as a premium free-to-play experience,” said Bill Fisher, Creative Director of RIFT. “After taking our time and planning a careful transition; we are very excited to bring an enhanced game experience to everyone, without barriers.”
“As a gamer’s game, a super fun and fair experience is of the utmost importance to us,” said Fisher. “Players will have the opportunity to buy customizations and boosts to heighten their play experience; however the best gear in the game will always have to be earned through playing RIFT.”
The free-to-play transition will kick off with a huge content update in the form of 2.3, Empyreal Assault. This brand new update includes new world events and a brand new zone.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- RNG Discussed In Latest ArcheAge Dev Topic July 28, 2015
- Albion Online Closed Beta Detailed July 28, 2015
- Ark: Survival Evolved To Introduce Battle Royal Mode July 26, 2015
- The Dark Brotherhood And Thieves Guild Coming To ESO July 26, 2015
- 5 Console Problems With The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited 2015-07-14 21:12:42