Rift Developers Security Compromised
Publishers of the popular premium MMORPG, Rift, recently released a statement detailing a recent security issue that has seen a lot of users personal information stolen. Trion have said that the data servers that hold the majority of user data have been hacked and information such as first/last names, addresses, passwords and even the last 4 digits and expiry date on your credit card have been stolen.
This is not the first time a hacking group has plagued an MMO game, recent attacks have been directed at other popular MMORPG games such as Eve Online and Runescape. It’s about time gaming companies started to treat our private data with a bit more respect, it appears to be happening far too often and people are starting to think twice before subscribing to any MMO via a credit card.
Nobody has claimed responsibility for the attack but several groups have already been accused.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Jagex To Free Up Millions Of Runescape Character Names August 29, 2014
- Hercules Joins The Ranks Of Grepolis August 28, 2014
- Call Of Alliance Closed Beta Launch August 28, 2014
- Carbine Studios’ Jeremy Gaffney Stepping Down August 27, 2014
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21