Rift Developers Security Compromised
Publishers of the popular premium MMORPG, Rift, recently released a statement detailing a recent security issue that has seen a lot of users personal information stolen. Trion have said that the data servers that hold the majority of user data have been hacked and information such as first/last names, addresses, passwords and even the last 4 digits and expiry date on your credit card have been stolen.
This is not the first time a hacking group has plagued an MMO game, recent attacks have been directed at other popular MMORPG games such as Eve Online and Runescape. It’s about time gaming companies started to treat our private data with a bit more respect, it appears to be happening far too often and people are starting to think twice before subscribing to any MMO via a credit card.
Nobody has claimed responsibility for the attack but several groups have already been accused.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- $18 Million Prize Tournament Begins For DOTA 2 August 4, 2015
- Hi-Rez Studios Announce Brand New Title – Paladins August 4, 2015
- Bigpoint Announce Rise Of Balor Expansion For Drakensang Online August 2, 2015
- New Hardcore FPS Set To Release In August – Dead Union August 2, 2015
- Player Housing In The Elder Scrolls Online - The Challenges Facing Zenimax 2015-08-03 18:32:07