Rift Developers Security Compromised
Publishers of the popular premium MMORPG, Rift, recently released a statement detailing a recent security issue that has seen a lot of users personal information stolen. Trion have said that the data servers that hold the majority of user data have been hacked and information such as first/last names, addresses, passwords and even the last 4 digits and expiry date on your credit card have been stolen.
This is not the first time a hacking group has plagued an MMO game, recent attacks have been directed at other popular MMORPG games such as Eve Online and Runescape. It’s about time gaming companies started to treat our private data with a bit more respect, it appears to be happening far too often and people are starting to think twice before subscribing to any MMO via a credit card.
Nobody has claimed responsibility for the attack but several groups have already been accused.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Player Made Town Art Showcased In Fallen Earth March 11, 2014
- New Huttball Pit Previewed In Star Wars: The Old Republic March 11, 2014
- New Final Fantasy XIV Mount Revealed March 11, 2014
- Heroes Getting The Midas Effect In Hearthstone March 11, 2014
- SMITE Could Be The Best Beta Journey In MMO History 2014-03-06 19:34:19