Rift Developers Security Compromised
Publishers of the popular premium MMORPG, Rift, recently released a statement detailing a recent security issue that has seen a lot of users personal information stolen. Trion have said that the data servers that hold the majority of user data have been hacked and information such as first/last names, addresses, passwords and even the last 4 digits and expiry date on your credit card have been stolen.
This is not the first time a hacking group has plagued an MMO game, recent attacks have been directed at other popular MMORPG games such as Eve Online and Runescape. It’s about time gaming companies started to treat our private data with a bit more respect, it appears to be happening far too often and people are starting to think twice before subscribing to any MMO via a credit card.
Nobody has claimed responsibility for the attack but several groups have already been accused.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Blue Beetle Set To Debut In Infinite Crisis April 16, 2014
- Heroic Celebrations For 3rd Anniversary In Super Hero Squad Online April 16, 2014
- Swordsman Online Class Reveal Trailer April 15, 2014
- Monkey King Online Leaps Into Open Beta April 14, 2014
- Why Is The MOBA Genre Still Lacking Character Creation & Customization? 2014-04-16 13:48:32