Player Studio A Massive Success For SOE And PlanetSide 2
Almost 8 months ago Sony Online Entertainment exposed the PlanetSide 2 community to the Player Studio, a creation platform that allows players to create custom content for the award-winning MMOFPS game. Today the developers released a new montage video that shines the spotlight on the more successful creations from the community.
Accompanying the video is a list of rather impressive stats surrounding the items created by the PS2 community. Over 2,000 items have been submitted to the Player Studio and almost 500 are available to purchase in-game, with most of the profit being sent to the creator. To put this into perspective, one of the most successful Player Studio members reports that he has received over $12,000 since beginning his creative journey.
You can watch the official video below. Do any of the camouflage or decal options catch your eye? Personally the broken visor with Robocop’s Murphy look-a-like face gets our vote!
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- MMO Developer Will Continue To Charge Subscriptions After Closing Down The Game November 27, 2015
- Armored Warfare Players Celebrate Black Friday November 27, 2015
- Chronicle: RuneScape Legends Enters Closed Beta November 26, 2015
- Black Desert Closed Beta Incoming November 26, 2015
- 5 Of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide's Biggest Problems 2015-10-29 22:18:22