PlanetSide 2 – Patch Notes For January 30th Update
PlanetSide 2, Sony Online Entertainments ground-breaking MMOFPS game, is all set and ready for an exciting new patch coming to all servers on January 30th. There’s an exciting lists of tweaks and improvements across the board, most noticeably a rework of the current XP system.
Players will now be rewarded with partial XP for damaging vehicles and the XP gained for support tasks has also seen some attention. Some of the more exciting aspects of the patch can be seen below.
General performance increases, particularly for lower end GPUs
Experience (XP) system enhancements:
Dynamic XP system for player kills, players who have more kills on their current life are worth more XP. Freshly spawned players will be worth a fraction of the current kill reward.
Partial damage XP for dealing damage to vehicles that you don’t end up killing
Population XP / Resource bonus moved over to continent population instead of global
Better display of XP sources for things like defensive bonuses & population bonuses
Rebalancing of XP rewards to help support task
Server transfer token available in Depot
UI changes to emphasize score per minute as a primary metric of player comparison
Sortable columns on outfit management & addition of “last online” column
New weapon type for all empires: SMG
For more information, or to play PlanetSide 2, click here.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Spatium New Planetary Crafting MMO Hits Kickstarter November 30, 2015
- Star Citizen To Invite 50,000 Citizens To Alpha 2.0 November 30, 2015
- The Repopulation Faces Extinction Level Event November 30, 2015
- MMO Developer Will Continue To Charge Subscriptions After Closing Down The Game November 27, 2015
- 5 Of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide's Biggest Problems 2015-10-29 22:18:22