Origin VS Steam – The Fight Continues
The battle between Origin and Steam is set to become a clash of the titans after another popular EA title disappeared from the Steam stores today. Earlier this month Crysis 2 was removed from Steam as it conflicted with new terms and conditions which EA became in breach of after releasing an update for the game that was exclusive to Origin.
Today marked the release date for the latest Dragon Age II DLC update, Legacy. Although the update is available and ready to play (At a cost of 800 Microsoft points) the game is no longer available to be bought through Steam’s store. Neither company has released an official statement but some inside the industry are speculating that is directly related to the issues with Crysis 2 earlier this month.
In an announcement last month EA released details on the Origin exclusive download service for Star Wars: The Old Republic (ToR). In a non related announcement earlier today, EA declared that The Old Republic has broken the previous pre-order record held by Battlefield 3. Is it a coincidence that Steam removes games from its biggest competitor the same day EA announce record breaking numbers for one of the most hyped MMO games in recent years or are more sinister forces at work?
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Pokemon Trading Card Game Online Hits Mobile Platforms Today September 30, 2014
- Stormthrone Teaser Site Revealed September 30, 2014
- F.E.A.R Online Steam Release Dated September 29, 2014
- Further Destiny Leaks Show New Strike & Crucible Content September 29, 2014
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21