Nasa Wants A Slice Of MMO Pie
In a recent and somewhat surprising announcement from NASA, details emerged on the partnership with Project Whitecard Inc to create a space themed MMO title that has a heavy focus on “Learning and improving”. Dubbed, Astronaut: Moon, Mars & Beyond, the game developers are currently attempting to gather funds to create the game as the agreement between them and NASA means NASA don’t have to pay a penny. Most gamers probably aren’t looking for an MMO to help them get their theoretical sciences degree but never the less, NASA is a big company and there hasn’t really been a realism based space title before.
You think space MMO, you think Eve Online, it’s unavoidable but NASA are adamant that the title will bring a new approach to MMO titles and as part of their Learning Technologies Program, you can be certain a lot of thought has gone into the concept, I mean, if anyone has the brains to pull of something like this it would be the people over at NASA.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Blue Beetle Set To Debut In Infinite Crisis April 16, 2014
- Heroic Celebrations For 3rd Anniversary In Super Hero Squad Online April 16, 2014
- Swordsman Online Class Reveal Trailer April 15, 2014
- Monkey King Online Leaps Into Open Beta April 14, 2014
- Why Is The MOBA Genre Still Lacking Character Creation & Customization? 2014-04-16 13:48:32