Nasa Wants A Slice Of MMO Pie
In a recent and somewhat surprising announcement from NASA, details emerged on the partnership with Project Whitecard Inc to create a space themed MMO title that has a heavy focus on “Learning and improving”. Dubbed, Astronaut: Moon, Mars & Beyond, the game developers are currently attempting to gather funds to create the game as the agreement between them and NASA means NASA don’t have to pay a penny. Most gamers probably aren’t looking for an MMO to help them get their theoretical sciences degree but never the less, NASA is a big company and there hasn’t really been a realism based space title before.
You think space MMO, you think Eve Online, it’s unavoidable but NASA are adamant that the title will bring a new approach to MMO titles and as part of their Learning Technologies Program, you can be certain a lot of thought has gone into the concept, I mean, if anyone has the brains to pull of something like this it would be the people over at NASA.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Interact With The Glorious Universe Of Destiny September 2, 2014
- Double RP And New Flight School’s Arrive In Grand Theft Auto Online September 2, 2014
- Warframe Xbox One Release Is Here September 2, 2014
- Tribal Wars 2 Open Beta Arrives September 2, 2014
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21