Mark Kern Departs From Firefall & Red 5 Studios
An apparently leaked email started doing the rounds recently with Vice President of Development James Macauley stating that Red 5 Studios and Firefall CEO, Mark Kern, would be on the way out. In a new article on MMORPG.com Mark Kern confirmed the rumors and suggested – with a few minor hints – that he already has a placement lined up with Bioware and Electronic Arts with Star Wars: The Old Republic – but he could have simply been geeking out.
My time with Red 5 Studios has passed, as things always do, but my memories of Red 5 are fond. I will always remember how we, the Tribe, built a company together, and strived to innovate in the MMO space. While that dream will continue without me, in the immortal words of V: “There’s no flesh or blood within this cloak to kill. There’s only an idea. Ideas are bulletproof.” Those ideas will now be embodied in a new management team, and I wish them success.
To my former Tribe members (you know who you are) – a blue ghostie returns and mixes film references quoting: “sometimes the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.” I wish you a successful launch of Firefall. May the force be with you, always.
We’re still waiting on official reasons behind the shift in staff but as it stands, Mark Kern and Red 5 Studios have parted ways.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- ArcheAge Release Dated August 31, 2014
- Leaked Footage Of Driveclub Beta August 31, 2014
- Indie MMO Project Gorgon Graces Kickstarter August 31, 2014
- Exciting Event Of Galactic Proportions Arrives In Super Hero Squad Online August 31, 2014
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21