Lotro Expansion “The Best Yet”
The recent release of Turbines latest expansion to Lord of the Rings online has broken records set by both the previous expansions for the game, making it “The best yet”. In an announcement from Turbine details emerged explaining the massive pre-order numbers for the newest expansion, Rise of Isengard, which was only released a few days ago and is already the biggest selling expansion in the game’s history.
It’s rare for MMORPG titles to change to a free to play model and actually enjoy more success than they did with a P2P model but Lotro is clearly an exception, also in the announcement a Turbine official stated that player numbers have been steadily increasing since the change to the free to play model, and as a result, has tripled Turbines revenue.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Goodgame Studios Pleased With Success Of Shadow Kings August 22, 2014
- MU Classic Closed Beta Announced August 22, 2014
- PvE Takes To The Skies In World Of Warplanes August 21, 2014
- Latest Video For The Crew – It’s A Playground August 21, 2014
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21