Lotro Expansion “The Best Yet”
The recent release of Turbines latest expansion to Lord of the Rings online has broken records set by both the previous expansions for the game, making it “The best yet”. In an announcement from Turbine details emerged explaining the massive pre-order numbers for the newest expansion, Rise of Isengard, which was only released a few days ago and is already the biggest selling expansion in the game’s history.
It’s rare for MMORPG titles to change to a free to play model and actually enjoy more success than they did with a P2P model but Lotro is clearly an exception, also in the announcement a Turbine official stated that player numbers have been steadily increasing since the change to the free to play model, and as a result, has tripled Turbines revenue.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- The Imperial City Heading To The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited August 31, 2015
- ASUS Teams Up With World Of Warships August 31, 2015
- Motiga Launch Closed Beta For Gigantic August 28, 2015
- Guild Wars 2 Heart Of Thorns Launch Date Announced August 28, 2015
- Player Housing In The Elder Scrolls Online - The Challenges Facing Zenimax 2015-08-03 18:32:07