League of Legends: Shocking Audience for Season One Grand Finale
Over 1,690,000 viewers have been reported to have tuned in to the world’s largest computer festival, Dreamhack, to follow the events which led to the conclusion of the League of Legends Season One Championship. The match between FNaticMSI and Against All Authority (aAa) generated the most simultaneous connections, with 210,000 viewers tuning in to see a breathtaking encounter between the best League of Legends teams worldwide. At the end, the ones that walked away with the “World Champions” title and a cash prize to match were the guys at FNaticMSI. The total prize pool of the Championship was worth $100,000.
“We are absolutely blown away by how many eSportsfans tuned in to watch our Season One Championship,” said Marc Merrill, president of Riot Games and executive producer of League of Legends. “Bringing together the most talented League of Legends teams in the world resulted in some of the best games we’ve ever seen! The Season One Championship was the perfect venue to debut our upcoming Spectator Mode, and the quality level of our live broadcast is just a sign of things to come.”
League of Legends is a MMOG developed by Riot Games that was released in the October, 2009. The game is based on the popular DotA recipe and ever since its launch it has been downloaded by millions of players worldwide.
Final Match Game1:
Final Match Game2:
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Latest SMITE God Debuts – It’s A Walking Tree October 1, 2014
- Darkfall: Unholy Wars Free Weekend Announced October 1, 2014
- Pokemon Trading Card Game Online Hits Mobile Platforms Today September 30, 2014
- Stormthrone Teaser Site Revealed September 30, 2014
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21