Latest from Gamescom: EA To Launch MOBA Competitor
An announcement at Gamescom earlier today confirmed the development and release of the latest MOBA title, Warhammer: Wrath of Heroes. Information had been leaked previously but confirmation came today in the form of a press release from EA. Players can expect a typical MOBA approach, inspired by titles like Dota and League of Legends, but with some unique Warhammer attractions thrown in as well.
Unlike most other MOBA games Wrath of Heroes will allow players to switch their hero out halfway through battle, this removes the current restriction on the genre that often forces players to choose characters blind (not being able to see their opponents choices) and then having a total mismatch allowing one team to decimate the other.
MOBA titles are becoming more and more popular with Realm of the Titans, Heroes of Newerth and Dota 2 all being well received by the industry critics, currently it appears the majority of MOBA titles are sticking to the tried and tested formula but it’s just a matter of time before someone takes that extra step, will it be Wrath of Heroes?
The game is currently down for Autumn 2011 release and will be free to play, with optional item purchases in the form of micro-transactions.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Bigpoint Announce Rise Of Balor Expansion For Drakensang Online August 2, 2015
- New Hardcore FPS Set To Release In August – Dead Union August 2, 2015
- Skyforge Crucible Of The God’s Update Announced August 1, 2015
- World Of Tanks Invades Xbox One August 1, 2015
- 5 Console Problems With The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited 2015-07-14 21:12:42