Guild Wars 2 Account Security Breach
Guild Wars 2 is arguably one of this years most anticipated MMORPG titles, and as such, there’s already been a ton of hacked accounts and upset players, but where’s it all coming from? Well it’s yet another phishing email warning people that someone has tried to reset the password on their account, prompting hundreds of gamers to click the link and fall for this age-old scam. The email appears to come from email@example.com, which is probably quite believable to a lot of the player base. The contents of the email is as follows:
Somebody (hopefully you!) asked to reset the password on your Guild Wars account.
To change your password, click the link below.
If you did not request to reset your password, you can ignore this email and no changes will be made to your account.
Need help or have questions about your Guild Wars account? Visit our support site
–The ArenaNet Team
The emails have been reported to ArenaNet and have been confirmed as fake. As a safety measure, ensure that your email password is secure and that you only change your Guild Wars 2 password on the official website.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Version 4.8 Launched For Aion October 1, 2015
- Block N Load Launches Free-To-Play October 1, 2015
- MMO Social Network Reaches 500k Members October 1, 2015
- EverQuest II Prepares To Welcome Sundered Ground Expansion October 1, 2015
- The Taken King Has Restored My Interest In Destiny 2015-09-20 00:28:29