First Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Fails
The first major patch for Star Wars: The Old Republic was released yesterday, dubbed 1.1 the patch was meant to address the lack of rewards for open world PvP, instead, it gave birth to dozens of “I’m canceling my subscription” threads all over the forums.
Players have complained since the beta about the lack of incentive for open world PvP and Bioware responded to this by rewarding more Valor for killing enemy players. This sounds like a good idea on paper but the PvP zone, Ilum, was inundated with players from both sides, with the Empire having a much larger force. Through the course of one day, Empire dominated on practically every server, pushing Republic players back to their spawn points and causing more spawn damage than you would see in the average COD match and totaling up more Valor in one day, than most have since launch.
This was not Bioware’s intention and they have said they will roll out an emergency patch to fix the issue some time today. Not the best start for one of the most hyped MMORPG releases in recent years.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Operation Endless Skies Update Now Live In Warface May 22, 2015
- Elsword Online Celebrates 4th Anniversary May 22, 2015
- Armored Warfare Early Access Dated May 22, 2015
- Dragon’s Prophet Welcomes Shadow Of Betrayal Content Update May 21, 2015
- Top 5 Free-To-Play MMO Games Like Minecraft (Voxel-Based MMO Games) 2015-05-14 23:48:26