Everquest Changing To Free To Play
Sony have made a puzzling, yet welcomed announcement releasing details of the upcoming change to Everquest, introducing a free to play model to coincide with the games 13th Birthday on March 16th. Premium titles changing to free to play is nothing new, Lord of the Rings Online done it and more recently Star Trek Online, both games reporting a huge success after doing so. However, Sony only recently made Everquest II free to play, before actually making the original Everquest subscription free.
I think this is a first in terms of a sequel going free to play first and one can’t help but think, there can’t be that many players still playing Everquest since the more recent Everquest II has changed. Maybe that was Sony’s intention, to persuade players to switch titles. Whatever their intentions, both titles are now free to play and can be enjoyed by all.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Player Made Town Art Showcased In Fallen Earth March 11, 2014
- New Huttball Pit Previewed In Star Wars: The Old Republic March 11, 2014
- New Final Fantasy XIV Mount Revealed March 11, 2014
- Heroes Getting The Midas Effect In Hearthstone March 11, 2014
- SMITE Could Be The Best Beta Journey In MMO History 2014-03-06 19:34:19