Everquest Changing To Free To Play
Sony have made a puzzling, yet welcomed announcement releasing details of the upcoming change to Everquest, introducing a free to play model to coincide with the games 13th Birthday on March 16th. Premium titles changing to free to play is nothing new, Lord of the Rings Online done it and more recently Star Trek Online, both games reporting a huge success after doing so. However, Sony only recently made Everquest II free to play, before actually making the original Everquest subscription free.
I think this is a first in terms of a sequel going free to play first and one can’t help but think, there can’t be that many players still playing Everquest since the more recent Everquest II has changed. Maybe that was Sony’s intention, to persuade players to switch titles. Whatever their intentions, both titles are now free to play and can be enjoyed by all.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Manual Targeting Hardcore MMO Sphere 3: Enchanted World Launching December 2nd November 25, 2015
- Riot Games Continue Efforts To Clean Up League Of Legends Community November 25, 2015
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Early Access For Closed Beta Testers November 24, 2015
- Devilian Open Beta Coming Wednesday December 2nd November 24, 2015
- 5 Of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide's Biggest Problems 2015-10-29 22:18:22