Battlestar Galactica Reaches 5 Million Players
In a recent announcement from Battlestar Galactica developers, BigPoint, players were shocked to hear that the game has broken the 5 million player barrier. The game is still considered to be young by MMO standards, only releasing in February earlier this year but a huge advertising campaign and a solid game has seen Battlestar Galactica rise the ranks of the free to play browser genre, quickly becoming one of the most popular available.
To celebrate this momentous occasion the developers announced the introduction of new Recon ships that players will be able to use starting at some point this month. The Recon Ships will cost an unknown amount of Cubits but players that don’t wish to dip into their wallet can earn enough in-game to be able to try out the new military hardware.
BigPoint is known for its developer to player interaction and they even mentioned that they feel this is a large reason why the game is so successful, the players provide feedback and the developers listen. It will be interesting to see if this relationship is maintained over the coming months.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Motiga Launch Closed Beta For Gigantic August 28, 2015
- Guild Wars 2 Heart Of Thorns Launch Date Announced August 28, 2015
- Armored Warfare Early Access 5 Launching With New Base Features August 28, 2015
- Steam Opens Free Weekend For ARK: Survival Evolved August 28, 2015
- Player Housing In The Elder Scrolls Online - The Challenges Facing Zenimax 2015-08-03 18:32:07