Aion Will Be Free To Play 2012
NCSoft recently announced a new partnership with Gameforge to bring their premium MMO, Aion, to the European free to play market. The game released in 2009 and has since experienced a gradual decline in player numbers, as more and more AAA titles convert to free to play, it seems developers have little choice if they don’t want to watch their game die quietly.
Starting in February of next year, Aion will be available to all players without the current subscription model. There’s very little information available at the moment but we expect Aion to follow in the footsteps of other converted NCSoft titles including an item mall and possible tiered subscription options.
We’ll let you know once they release official details on the new model as well as information regarding the item mall.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- The Imperial City Heading To The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited August 31, 2015
- ASUS Teams Up With World Of Warships August 31, 2015
- Motiga Launch Closed Beta For Gigantic August 28, 2015
- Guild Wars 2 Heart Of Thorns Launch Date Announced August 28, 2015
- Player Housing In The Elder Scrolls Online - The Challenges Facing Zenimax 2015-08-03 18:32:07