Aion Will Be Free To Play 2012
NCSoft recently announced a new partnership with Gameforge to bring their premium MMO, Aion, to the European free to play market. The game released in 2009 and has since experienced a gradual decline in player numbers, as more and more AAA titles convert to free to play, it seems developers have little choice if they don’t want to watch their game die quietly.
Starting in February of next year, Aion will be available to all players without the current subscription model. There’s very little information available at the moment but we expect Aion to follow in the footsteps of other converted NCSoft titles including an item mall and possible tiered subscription options.
We’ll let you know once they release official details on the new model as well as information regarding the item mall.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- MMO Developer Will Continue To Charge Subscriptions After Closing Down The Game November 27, 2015
- Armored Warfare Players Celebrate Black Friday November 27, 2015
- Chronicle: RuneScape Legends Enters Closed Beta November 26, 2015
- Black Desert Closed Beta Incoming November 26, 2015
- 5 Of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide's Biggest Problems 2015-10-29 22:18:22