Aion Will Be Free To Play 2012
NCSoft recently announced a new partnership with Gameforge to bring their premium MMO, Aion, to the European free to play market. The game released in 2009 and has since experienced a gradual decline in player numbers, as more and more AAA titles convert to free to play, it seems developers have little choice if they don’t want to watch their game die quietly.
Starting in February of next year, Aion will be available to all players without the current subscription model. There’s very little information available at the moment but we expect Aion to follow in the footsteps of other converted NCSoft titles including an item mall and possible tiered subscription options.
We’ll let you know once they release official details on the new model as well as information regarding the item mall.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Goodgame Studios Pleased With Success Of Shadow Kings August 22, 2014
- MU Classic Closed Beta Announced August 22, 2014
- PvE Takes To The Skies In World Of Warplanes August 21, 2014
- Latest Video For The Crew – It’s A Playground August 21, 2014
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21