City Of Steam Alpha Key Giveaway
Update: This giveaway is now closed.
Mechanist Games have partnered with XMMORPG.Com to provide 100 Alpha Keys in the latest alpha key giveaway for City of Steam. Labeled as “The future of the dungeon crawl genre” in our City of Steam Preview, the upcoming title from Mechanist Games is all set and ready to create a stir in the browser-based gaming community. The Alpha test event begins this weekend.
About City of Steam:
City of Steam, a full-featured, browser-based 3D MMORPG, transports players to an industrial metropolis that has fallen from grace. Emerging from the ashes of ages past, heroes versed in swordplay, divine harmonies, and the arcane arts seek their fortune in a world beset by countless foes, from dangerous factions to mechanical horrors.
While not all of these will be perfectly working during this sneak peek we hope they will be apparent for future tests and give a taste as to what’s to come.
• Graphics! Sets a new audiovisual standard for browser gaming
• Lightweight! Play from any computer without bulky client installation
• Big World, Tiny Footprint! Intricate, immersive scenes take up mere megabytes
• Gameplay! Hardcore or casual, ten minutes or ten hours
• Teamwork! Go it alone or adventure with friends
• Flavor! Even the smallest detail is suffused with the history of an ancient world
• Customization! Augment weaponry with visible components
• Abilities! Each class wields a unique array of stunning combat effects
• Backgrounds! Each character has a personal history to explore
• Monsters! An extensive bestiary balances raw power with intelligent tactics
Setting History & Culture
City of Steam is set on the World Machine, a vast and ancient system of interlocking gears powered by unfathomable energies. Long ago, a race of ingenious conquerors called the Paragons sought to claim those energies for themselves, and destroyed themselves in the attempt. They left behind a shattered world and a complex legacy. Even now, millennia after the Era of Myth, that legacy continues to affect the course of history on the World Machine.. To the races that already inhabited the mechanism – humans, goblins, orcs, and hobbes – they added the charismatic riven, insular draug, and half-mechanical dwarves. Life on the Mechanism has been revolutionized by the study of the Paragons’ lost technologies. Airships soar overhead, robotic steamtoilers patrol the streets, and great factories produce weapons wielded by heroes and villains alike. Four great human nations have emerged since the fall of the Paragons: the confederated city-states of the Heartlands, the allied kingdoms of Ostenia, the patriarchal Republic of Avenoss, and the harsh Empire of Stoigmar. At the site of the Paragons’ fall lay the City-State of Nexus, a once-great industrial center whose connection to the Era of Myth continues to attract attention from across the Mechanism. Rumor has it that something deep within Nexus has awakened – a secret that will change the world forever.
During the Sneak Peek players will be able to choose from the following classes and 4 races: Draug, Riven, Aven and Goblin that were chosen by a player vote on the City of Steam forums. In the future there will be many more races and several additional classes available.
Heirs to an ancient martial tradition, Warders meet their opponents with righteous fury. They are united in a common focus on personal Duty, unflinching Leadership, and swift, punishing Judgment of enemies.
Armed with state-of-the-art aetheric manipulators, the Arcanist wields the fury of the elements against any enemies foolish enough to approach. A variety of Fire, Ice, and Lightning abilities provide them with a wide array of tactical options.
Regardless of whether they stalk individual targets with the art of Sharpshooting, conjure occult effects with Trigger Magic, or utilize the varied abilities of Support Fire, Gunners prove that modern firearms have incredible potential on the battlefield.
Whether they draw from ancient Church hymnals or perform their own compositions, Channelers’ powerful melodies move the Mechanism to bring their allies into martial Harmony, restore them with Faith, and punish the unworthy with blinding Radiance.
Want to know more? Read our City of Steam features review.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Bigpoint Introduced New Sentinel Zel To Shards Of War November 28, 2014
- New Physical & Digital Board Game Offers A New Experience In The Witcher Universe November 28, 2014
- Mesa Update Arrives In Time For Black Friday In Warframe November 28, 2014
- War Thunder Introduces New US Tanks November 28, 2014