Jagex Tackling Gold Farming Head On
Jagex today released an exciting new video showcasing the upcoming Runescape Bonds feature that is aimed at completely removing gold farming from the record-breaking free browser MMO game. Since the release of Runescape 3 Jagex have made many changes to the game and now boast that Runescape is entirely bot free. This year they also celebrated the banning of 1.1 million subscriber accounts that have been involved in gold farming, removing over 3.7 trillion gold from the game.
The new Bonds feature will allow players to purchase in-game wealth with real cash through the official Runescape website, completely removing gold farmers as the middle men. Not only is this legal, safer and better for the game, but players can use it to purchase practically anything. In-game items, tickets to RuneFest, added subscription time and many more perks are planned as Jagex deploy the Runescape Bonds update.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Latest SMITE God Debuts – It’s A Walking Tree October 1, 2014
- Darkfall: Unholy Wars Free Weekend Announced October 1, 2014
- Pokemon Trading Card Game Online Hits Mobile Platforms Today September 30, 2014
- Stormthrone Teaser Site Revealed September 30, 2014
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21