World of Warcraft Still On Top
With the recent release of the highly anticipated Star Wars: The Old Republic, the internet nay-sayers have already spelled out doom for the current throne holder of the MMORPG, World of Warcraft. Recent announcements from Bioware included details on current subscriber numbers and active players, reinforcing players doubts about the current stability of WoW.
It didn’t take Blizzard long to squash these rumors as a recent announcement proved that WoW is still on top. The current subscriber base for World of Warcraft includes 10.2 million players, a reduction of only 100,000 on November of last year. The company also said that their annual profits have increased, despite the subscriber drop, thanks to incentives such as the WoW annual pass and the new free to play model.
With every new big MMO titles that’s released, it seems like players are just willing WoW to get dethroned, but another big hitter MMO has come and gone and WoW is still sitting proud. I guess the haters will have to wait for the next anticipated release.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Revenge Of The Battle-Cars Arrives For Rocket League October 14, 2015
- Destiny Welcomes Micro-Transactions October 14, 2015
- 2016 Shaping Up To Be A Great Year For Marvel Heroes October 13, 2015
- GTArcade Introduce 5v5 Arena To Magerealm October 13, 2015
- The Taken King Has Restored My Interest In Destiny 2015-09-20 00:28:29