World of Warcraft Still On Top
With the recent release of the highly anticipated Star Wars: The Old Republic, the internet nay-sayers have already spelled out doom for the current throne holder of the MMORPG, World of Warcraft. Recent announcements from Bioware included details on current subscriber numbers and active players, reinforcing players doubts about the current stability of WoW.
It didn’t take Blizzard long to squash these rumors as a recent announcement proved that WoW is still on top. The current subscriber base for World of Warcraft includes 10.2 million players, a reduction of only 100,000 on November of last year. The company also said that their annual profits have increased, despite the subscriber drop, thanks to incentives such as the WoW annual pass and the new free to play model.
With every new big MMO titles that’s released, it seems like players are just willing WoW to get dethroned, but another big hitter MMO has come and gone and WoW is still sitting proud. I guess the haters will have to wait for the next anticipated release.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Huge Content Update Arrives For Zombies Ate My Pizza April 23, 2014
- Night Prowler Bastet Joins The SMITE Battlefield April 23, 2014
- Kingdom Under Fire II CBT To Allow EU & NA Gamers Access April 23, 2014
- Cross Server Tournament Announced For League Of Angels April 23, 2014
- Why Is The MOBA Genre Still Lacking Character Creation & Customization? 2014-04-16 13:48:32