World of Warcraft Still On Top
With the recent release of the highly anticipated Star Wars: The Old Republic, the internet nay-sayers have already spelled out doom for the current throne holder of the MMORPG, World of Warcraft. Recent announcements from Bioware included details on current subscriber numbers and active players, reinforcing players doubts about the current stability of WoW.
It didn’t take Blizzard long to squash these rumors as a recent announcement proved that WoW is still on top. The current subscriber base for World of Warcraft includes 10.2 million players, a reduction of only 100,000 on November of last year. The company also said that their annual profits have increased, despite the subscriber drop, thanks to incentives such as the WoW annual pass and the new free to play model.
With every new big MMO titles that’s released, it seems like players are just willing WoW to get dethroned, but another big hitter MMO has come and gone and WoW is still sitting proud. I guess the haters will have to wait for the next anticipated release.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Bigpoint Announce Rise Of Balor Expansion For Drakensang Online August 2, 2015
- New Hardcore FPS Set To Release In August – Dead Union August 2, 2015
- Skyforge Crucible Of The God’s Update Announced August 1, 2015
- World Of Tanks Invades Xbox One August 1, 2015
- 5 Console Problems With The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited 2015-07-14 21:12:42