World Of Warcraft Continues To Lose Players
The MMO giant has seen a general decline in players over recent years with subscription numbers dropping by a million for 2 successive quarters, is it possible players are starting to expand their horizons or are there other reasons as to why so many subscribers would cancel their World of Warcraft account?
Blizzard big wigs think they know the answer with several of their top dogs seen stating it was the lack of content that was causing players to cancel their subscriptions. They mentioned that players have become more experienced at the game in recent years which has allowed them to complete content far quicker than was previously possible, this reason alone is what they attribute to the declining subscription numbers.
Current players have nothing to fear, Blizzard have promised more content updates are on the way and the subscription numbers still stand at a massive 11.1 million subscribers, which will still leave you plenty of friends to smash up Orcs with. Gamers can expect to here more exciting news on World of Warcraft updates in the build up to Blizzcon in October this year.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Albion Online Closed Beta Roadmap Release August 4, 2015
- Trans-Galactic Tournament Open Beta Begins On PS4 August 4, 2015
- $18 Million Prize Tournament Begins For DOTA 2 August 4, 2015
- Hi-Rez Studios Announce Brand New Title – Paladins August 4, 2015
- Player Housing In The Elder Scrolls Online - The Challenges Facing Zenimax 2015-08-03 18:32:07