World of Tanks To Launch Retail Edition
Following their recent announcement adding the final game to Wargaming’s war trilogy, the latest news from their website is that the original World of Tanks title will be launching a boxed retail version later this month. The retail version will include the full client, a premium account and combined in game items/gold worth over $25.00 as well as a nice starter tank with some unique premium upgrades.
The list of F2P titles that are eventually able to release a retail version is somewhat empty, World of Tanks has over 5 million registered accounts and could become the biggest success story of F2P to retail MMO games in the past few years. The game will be priced at $19.99 and will be available at all the big gaming outlets across the globe, players will still be able to sign up and play for free via the website but collectors are sure to relish the chance of owning a boxed copy of such a popular game.
Wargaming.net has two other titles on the way to release, World of Warplanes and World of Battleships were both announced earlier this month, if the success of WoT is anything to go by you can expect retail versions of the new titles sometime later this year.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- The Imperial City Heading To The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited August 31, 2015
- ASUS Teams Up With World Of Warships August 31, 2015
- Motiga Launch Closed Beta For Gigantic August 28, 2015
- Guild Wars 2 Heart Of Thorns Launch Date Announced August 28, 2015
- Player Housing In The Elder Scrolls Online - The Challenges Facing Zenimax 2015-08-03 18:32:07