World of Midgard Begins Open Beta
Don’t get excited, it’s not a Final Fantasy MMO entitled World of Midgar, instead it’s a cross-platform 3D MMORPG called World of Midgard, one of the first MMORPG Games to be introduced where players on PC and MAC can play alongside players using tablets, android and other mobile technology.
The world of mobile gaming hasn’t really got the same appeal as current online PC games, mainly because of small issues. The main appeal of an MMO game are the social aspects, chatting to other players, forming parties etc. So while using a tablet, where it takes 30 seconds just to type a few words, it does have a negative effect on that element.
World of Midgard includes all of the features you would expect from an MMORPG game, multiple classes, a large array of mounts, various zones to explore and a huge amount of PvE content. Nobody is really sure if the MMO genre is ready for a cross-platform title but it’s nice to see some developers stepping out of the comfort zone.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- RNG Discussed In Latest ArcheAge Dev Topic July 28, 2015
- Albion Online Closed Beta Detailed July 28, 2015
- Ark: Survival Evolved To Introduce Battle Royal Mode July 26, 2015
- The Dark Brotherhood And Thieves Guild Coming To ESO July 26, 2015
- 5 Console Problems With The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited 2015-07-14 21:12:42