Wizardry Online Set For American Shores
Based on the popular table-top RPG franchise, Wizardry Online has already had great success with its open beta launch in Japan, forcing publishers Gamespot to open more servers to accommodate the huge 100,000 signs ups that were submitted on the first day.
The game has a big following in the East, with the original title launching way back in 1981, offering players an intensely difficult gaming experience, unlike no other at the time. Gamespot hope to bring that same cut-throat feel to their latest MMO title, and with popular hardcore features such as perma-death, it’s setting up to be one hell of a ride.
The game is currently only available to play in Japan but a recent announcement from Gamespot Inc. described how they were looking for a publishing partner to bring the game to the US. We’ve yet to hear of any official dates but we’ll let you know as soon as we do, hardcore MMORPG’s are rare in the Western world and we’re sure Wizardry Online can make a big splash.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Big Balance Changes Coming To Skyforge November 30, 2015
- Spatium New Planetary Crafting MMO Hits Kickstarter November 30, 2015
- Star Citizen To Invite 50,000 Citizens To Alpha 2.0 November 30, 2015
- The Repopulation Faces Extinction Level Event November 30, 2015
- 5 Of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide's Biggest Problems 2015-10-29 22:18:22