Vanguard Heading For Free To Play
Sony Online Entertainment has recently announced that they will be converting yet another of their subscription based MMORPG games to a free to play model. The announcement follows a disappointing year for Vanguard, with very few updates released, server merges and a dwindling player base, there was little choice left if they wanted to keep the game alive.
SOE have made this decision before, converting popular titles Everquest II and DC Universe Online to free to play late last year. Since the transition, both games have enjoyed a large increase in active players, as well as many improvements on the financial side. Vanguard is close to approaching 5 years old now, and with bigger and better MMO games getting released each month, one can’t help but think that the free to play transition may be a little too late.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Player Made Town Art Showcased In Fallen Earth March 11, 2014
- New Huttball Pit Previewed In Star Wars: The Old Republic March 11, 2014
- New Final Fantasy XIV Mount Revealed March 11, 2014
- Heroes Getting The Midas Effect In Hearthstone March 11, 2014
- SMITE Could Be The Best Beta Journey In MMO History 2014-03-06 19:34:19