Vanguard Heading For Free To Play
Sony Online Entertainment has recently announced that they will be converting yet another of their subscription based MMORPG games to a free to play model. The announcement follows a disappointing year for Vanguard, with very few updates released, server merges and a dwindling player base, there was little choice left if they wanted to keep the game alive.
SOE have made this decision before, converting popular titles Everquest II and DC Universe Online to free to play late last year. Since the transition, both games have enjoyed a large increase in active players, as well as many improvements on the financial side. Vanguard is close to approaching 5 years old now, and with bigger and better MMO games getting released each month, one can’t help but think that the free to play transition may be a little too late.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Huge Content Update Arrives For Zombies Ate My Pizza April 23, 2014
- Night Prowler Bastet Joins The SMITE Battlefield April 23, 2014
- Kingdom Under Fire II CBT To Allow EU & NA Gamers Access April 23, 2014
- Cross Server Tournament Announced For League Of Angels April 23, 2014
- Why Is The MOBA Genre Still Lacking Character Creation & Customization? 2014-04-16 13:48:32