Subscriptions Coming For Final Fantasy XIV
Final Fantasy XIV has probably had one of the shadiest launches of all time, having to actually offer players a free to play trial for over a year just to keep people playing. The game launched with limited content, a large amount of technical issues and a UI that’s about as bad as they come.
Since then developers Square Enix have thrown update after update at the game, with the hopes of finally making it worth paying for. The biggest of these updates, version 2.0, is set to launch in the next few days and with it, a full MMORPG subscription model.
Players that wish to continue playing from January 6th will have to subscribe for $9.99 a month, which will later increase to $12.99 a month once 2.0 is released, that is without the added cost of $3 per extra character slot. So what do you think? Is it too late to rescue Final Fantasy XIV or can they make a decent MMO out of it yet?
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Blue Beetle Set To Debut In Infinite Crisis April 16, 2014
- Heroic Celebrations For 3rd Anniversary In Super Hero Squad Online April 16, 2014
- Swordsman Online Class Reveal Trailer April 15, 2014
- Monkey King Online Leaps Into Open Beta April 14, 2014
- Why Is The MOBA Genre Still Lacking Character Creation & Customization? 2014-04-16 13:48:32