Subscriptions Coming For Final Fantasy XIV
Final Fantasy XIV has probably had one of the shadiest launches of all time, having to actually offer players a free to play trial for over a year just to keep people playing. The game launched with limited content, a large amount of technical issues and a UI that’s about as bad as they come.
Since then developers Square Enix have thrown update after update at the game, with the hopes of finally making it worth paying for. The biggest of these updates, version 2.0, is set to launch in the next few days and with it, a full MMORPG subscription model.
Players that wish to continue playing from January 6th will have to subscribe for $9.99 a month, which will later increase to $12.99 a month once 2.0 is released, that is without the added cost of $3 per extra character slot. So what do you think? Is it too late to rescue Final Fantasy XIV or can they make a decent MMO out of it yet?
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Early Access For Closed Beta Testers November 24, 2015
- Devilian Open Beta Coming Wednesday December 2nd November 24, 2015
- Layoffs At Red 5 Studios Put Future Of Firefall Under Question November 24, 2015
- Black Fredas Sales Announced For The Elder Scrolls Online November 24, 2015
- 5 Of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide's Biggest Problems 2015-10-29 22:18:22