Star Wars Galaxies Going Out With A Bang
Star Wars Galaxies players will not see their game die a quiet death, instead Sony Online Entertainment have released details giving players the impression the game is going to go out with a colossal bang. An announcement last month confirmed the fears of many as SOE released details on the closing of all SWG servers scheduled for later this year, the game saw an almost immediate decline in player numbers and most expected the game to die quietly.
Details released on the website today mentioned that players will have the deciding factor on how this epic saga will end, between now and closing, every players actions will accumulate points for either The Empire or The Republic resulting in an ultimate face off at the end of the games life. The developers said that the game will feature a console-type ending with a cut-scene and closure to the story, certain leaks have even reported leaving a follow on for the upcoming Star Wars The Old Republic however lore geeks immediately pounced saying how the time lines are way off.
More details are expected to be released soon but it’s nice to see an MMO giving its players a fond farewell instead of living them with bitter memories and a hole in their wallet.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Blue Beetle Set To Debut In Infinite Crisis April 16, 2014
- Heroic Celebrations For 3rd Anniversary In Super Hero Squad Online April 16, 2014
- Swordsman Online Class Reveal Trailer April 15, 2014
- Monkey King Online Leaps Into Open Beta April 14, 2014
- Elder Scrolls Online Launch - A Sign Of Things To Come? 2014-04-09 21:56:29