Runescape Community Raising Cash For Charity
Jagex, developers of the award-winning free browser MMO Runescape, today announced the results of its recent charity drive where they asked the players to donate in-game currency and bonds.
During the event Runescape players donated almost 550 billion in-game currency which is worth over $55,000 in donations. Additionally Runescape players also donated 7,000 using the new bond system equating to another $36,000 on top of the $90,000 Jagex have promised to donate. The benefiting charities include Willow Foundation, SpecialEffect, Action For Kids, Games Aid, Internet Watch Foundation, HART and the DEC Philippines Typhoon Appeal.
Please accept our deepest gratitude for your support no matter how big or small it all goes towards making a massive different to improving the lives of those in need. The scale of your response was spectacular and deeply moving, and just goes to again validate what I’ve always believed in: that the RuneScape Community is as warm, generous and big-hearted as ever.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- SMITE Free Gem Event Underway September 20, 2014
- Vastly Improved Feature List For Astro Lords: Oort Cloud September 19, 2014
- Gotta Collect ‘Em All – New Rift Feature Announced September 19, 2014
- Gaijin Entertainment Aiding With The Restoration Of A Soviet T-44 September 19, 2014
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21