Runescape Community Raising Cash For Charity
Jagex, developers of the award-winning free browser MMO Runescape, today announced the results of its recent charity drive where they asked the players to donate in-game currency and bonds.
During the event Runescape players donated almost 550 billion in-game currency which is worth over $55,000 in donations. Additionally Runescape players also donated 7,000 using the new bond system equating to another $36,000 on top of the $90,000 Jagex have promised to donate. The benefiting charities include Willow Foundation, SpecialEffect, Action For Kids, Games Aid, Internet Watch Foundation, HART and the DEC Philippines Typhoon Appeal.
Please accept our deepest gratitude for your support no matter how big or small it all goes towards making a massive different to improving the lives of those in need. The scale of your response was spectacular and deeply moving, and just goes to again validate what I’ve always believed in: that the RuneScape Community is as warm, generous and big-hearted as ever.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Motiga Launch Closed Beta For Gigantic August 28, 2015
- Guild Wars 2 Heart Of Thorns Launch Date Announced August 28, 2015
- Armored Warfare Early Access 5 Launching With New Base Features August 28, 2015
- Steam Opens Free Weekend For ARK: Survival Evolved August 28, 2015
- Player Housing In The Elder Scrolls Online - The Challenges Facing Zenimax 2015-08-03 18:32:07