Runescape Community Raising Cash For Charity
Jagex, developers of the award-winning free browser MMO Runescape, today announced the results of its recent charity drive where they asked the players to donate in-game currency and bonds.
During the event Runescape players donated almost 550 billion in-game currency which is worth over $55,000 in donations. Additionally Runescape players also donated 7,000 using the new bond system equating to another $36,000 on top of the $90,000 Jagex have promised to donate. The benefiting charities include Willow Foundation, SpecialEffect, Action For Kids, Games Aid, Internet Watch Foundation, HART and the DEC Philippines Typhoon Appeal.
Please accept our deepest gratitude for your support no matter how big or small it all goes towards making a massive different to improving the lives of those in need. The scale of your response was spectacular and deeply moving, and just goes to again validate what I’ve always believed in: that the RuneScape Community is as warm, generous and big-hearted as ever.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Early Access For Closed Beta Testers November 24, 2015
- Devilian Open Beta Coming Wednesday December 2nd November 24, 2015
- Layoffs At Red 5 Studios Put Future Of Firefall Under Question November 24, 2015
- Black Fredas Sales Announced For The Elder Scrolls Online November 24, 2015
- 5 Of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide's Biggest Problems 2015-10-29 22:18:22