Rift Stands Strong In Light Of New Competition
In a recent interview with Trion Worlds top-dog, Lars Butler, the lead developer on Rift had some bold comments in regards to the games current and future competitors. In the interview Lars stated that he feels Rift is the biggest competitor to World of Warcraft and even went as far to say that WoW has had no competition for the last 7 years, despite the release of popular MMO titles such as Lotro and SWG.
He also had some fighting words for the developers of upcoming titles such as Star Wars: The Old Republic and End of Nations, saying that neither title will have any serious impact on Rift’s subscriber base. The Old Republic is possibly one of the most hyped MMORPG titles in recent years and End of Nations is already setting up to be one of the best RTS titles available online, with critics scoring both games high, can Rift really stand up among these new MMO giants?
What’s your thoughts? Who will hold the crown of MMO king this time next year?
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- New British Tank Destroyers Arriving In World Of Tanks December 22, 2014
- Real World Billionaire Challenged To Repeat Success In Virtual MMO Economy December 22, 2014
- SMITE God Giveaway – Awilix December 19, 2014
- Curse Voice To Power SMITE World Championships December 19, 2014
- Top 10 Highest Grossing Free-To-Play MMO Games 2014 2014-12-21 17:22:20