Rift Stands Strong In Light Of New Competition
In a recent interview with Trion Worlds top-dog, Lars Butler, the lead developer on Rift had some bold comments in regards to the games current and future competitors. In the interview Lars stated that he feels Rift is the biggest competitor to World of Warcraft and even went as far to say that WoW has had no competition for the last 7 years, despite the release of popular MMO titles such as Lotro and SWG.
He also had some fighting words for the developers of upcoming titles such as Star Wars: The Old Republic and End of Nations, saying that neither title will have any serious impact on Rift’s subscriber base. The Old Republic is possibly one of the most hyped MMORPG titles in recent years and End of Nations is already setting up to be one of the best RTS titles available online, with critics scoring both games high, can Rift really stand up among these new MMO giants?
What’s your thoughts? Who will hold the crown of MMO king this time next year?
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Early Access For Closed Beta Testers November 24, 2015
- Devilian Open Beta Coming Wednesday December 2nd November 24, 2015
- Layoffs At Red 5 Studios Put Future Of Firefall Under Question November 24, 2015
- Black Fredas Sales Announced For The Elder Scrolls Online November 24, 2015
- 5 Of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide's Biggest Problems 2015-10-29 22:18:22