RIFT Smashing Records
Trion Worlds are celebrating one of the busiest weeks in RIFT’s history following the release of the recent update, Song of Dreams. The latest update brought with it an exciting variety of content including new zones, new dungeons and an increase in the level cap.
The developers have revealed that over 200,000 players have joined RIFT since the launch of the update and its return to Steam, making it the most popular week in the games 2 year history. More players have joined RIFT this past week than after the release of the Storm Legion expansion and even the transfer to a free-to-play model.
“We were ecstatic to see the numbers,” said Bill Fisher, RIFT’s creative director. “This is unprecedented. I’ve never seen anything like this before with a live game when there isn’t an expansion or other huge update. This was all the fans: we created a big party for them, and they showed up with bells on.”
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- The Imperial City Heading To The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited August 31, 2015
- ASUS Teams Up With World Of Warships August 31, 2015
- Motiga Launch Closed Beta For Gigantic August 28, 2015
- Guild Wars 2 Heart Of Thorns Launch Date Announced August 28, 2015
- Player Housing In The Elder Scrolls Online - The Challenges Facing Zenimax 2015-08-03 18:32:07