RIFT Smashing Records
Trion Worlds are celebrating one of the busiest weeks in RIFT’s history following the release of the recent update, Song of Dreams. The latest update brought with it an exciting variety of content including new zones, new dungeons and an increase in the level cap.
The developers have revealed that over 200,000 players have joined RIFT since the launch of the update and its return to Steam, making it the most popular week in the games 2 year history. More players have joined RIFT this past week than after the release of the Storm Legion expansion and even the transfer to a free-to-play model.
“We were ecstatic to see the numbers,” said Bill Fisher, RIFT’s creative director. “This is unprecedented. I’ve never seen anything like this before with a live game when there isn’t an expansion or other huge update. This was all the fans: we created a big party for them, and they showed up with bells on.”
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- MMO Developer Will Continue To Charge Subscriptions After Closing Down The Game November 27, 2015
- Armored Warfare Players Celebrate Black Friday November 27, 2015
- Chronicle: RuneScape Legends Enters Closed Beta November 26, 2015
- Black Desert Closed Beta Incoming November 26, 2015
- 5 Of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide's Biggest Problems 2015-10-29 22:18:22