Rift Devs Offer Hurricane Irene Victims A Ray Of Hope
The rift between reality and online gaming is a pretty big one but the developers of the highly popular PvP title, Rift Planes of Telara, have extended their condolences to victims of Hurricane Irene by extending the popular “Half Birthday” celebrations currently taking place on all servers.
It’s almost unheard of for an MMORPG to change plans based on real life events but many players have noticed a drop in activity since Hurricane Irene tore up the East Coast of America and the response from the developers has proven popular during the aftermath. Hurricane Irene has caused an estimated $12 billion in damages, something which the U.S Government is having to cover because of the insurance clause in America.
Although a terrible time for many, an extra week of bonuses to experience, favor, prestige and Planarite as well as an increase in loot drops from dungeons and raids will hopefully ease the pain for some of the Rift players in the affected areas.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Big Balance Changes Coming To Skyforge November 30, 2015
- Spatium New Planetary Crafting MMO Hits Kickstarter November 30, 2015
- Star Citizen To Invite 50,000 Citizens To Alpha 2.0 November 30, 2015
- The Repopulation Faces Extinction Level Event November 30, 2015
- 5 Of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide's Biggest Problems 2015-10-29 22:18:22