PlanetSide 2 Will Not Be Pay To Win
Matt Higby recently made a massive post on the PlanetSide 2 forums discussing the potential “Pay to Win” issues the game may face when the free to play MMOFPS launches later this year. For those not aware, the “Pay to Win” title is usually given to free to play titles that offer over powered items via micro transactions, giving paying members a large advantage over their free playing counterparts.
However, PlanetSide 2 will not feature any member only items at launch, every weapon and vehicle upgrade can be achieved as a free to play player also. This removes certain aspects of the “Pay to Win” feeling, but it has still left a few with a bad lingering taste in their mouths. Check out the forum thread here for full information.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Player Made Town Art Showcased In Fallen Earth March 11, 2014
- New Huttball Pit Previewed In Star Wars: The Old Republic March 11, 2014
- New Final Fantasy XIV Mount Revealed March 11, 2014
- Heroes Getting The Midas Effect In Hearthstone March 11, 2014
- SMITE Could Be The Best Beta Journey In MMO History 2014-03-06 19:34:19