PlanetSide 2 Will Not Be Pay To Win
Matt Higby recently made a massive post on the PlanetSide 2 forums discussing the potential “Pay to Win” issues the game may face when the free to play MMOFPS launches later this year. For those not aware, the “Pay to Win” title is usually given to free to play titles that offer over powered items via micro transactions, giving paying members a large advantage over their free playing counterparts.
However, PlanetSide 2 will not feature any member only items at launch, every weapon and vehicle upgrade can be achieved as a free to play player also. This removes certain aspects of the “Pay to Win” feeling, but it has still left a few with a bad lingering taste in their mouths. Check out the forum thread here for full information.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- The Imperial City Heading To The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited August 31, 2015
- ASUS Teams Up With World Of Warships August 31, 2015
- Motiga Launch Closed Beta For Gigantic August 28, 2015
- Guild Wars 2 Heart Of Thorns Launch Date Announced August 28, 2015
- Player Housing In The Elder Scrolls Online - The Challenges Facing Zenimax 2015-08-03 18:32:07