PlanetSide 2 Will Not Be Pay To Win
Matt Higby recently made a massive post on the PlanetSide 2 forums discussing the potential “Pay to Win” issues the game may face when the free to play MMOFPS launches later this year. For those not aware, the “Pay to Win” title is usually given to free to play titles that offer over powered items via micro transactions, giving paying members a large advantage over their free playing counterparts.
However, PlanetSide 2 will not feature any member only items at launch, every weapon and vehicle upgrade can be achieved as a free to play player also. This removes certain aspects of the “Pay to Win” feeling, but it has still left a few with a bad lingering taste in their mouths. Check out the forum thread here for full information.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Carbine Studios’ Jeremy Gaffney Stepping Down August 27, 2014
- GamersFirst and PWE Join Forces To Deliver APB: Reloaded On Arc August 27, 2014
- End Of Season Rewards Revealed For League Of Legends August 26, 2014
- It’s Getting Murderous In Velvet Sundown August 26, 2014
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21