Mounts and Airships Coming To Final Fantasy XIV
The world of Eorzea can breathe a sigh of relief this month as Square Enix announced a content update coming to Final Fantasy XIV this September that will finally offer players quick travel options and the opportunity to mount “Horsebirds”. Any fans of the Final Fantasy franchise will know just how iconic these Horsebirds are, although dubbed Chocobo’s throughout most of the other games, and the option of finally being able to have your own is sure to get players on their feet, or hooves so to speak.
Airships will also make their debut in FFXIV, made famous in FFXI with the lengthy journeys and sky fishing, but this time it will feature different mechanics to its predecessor. Players won’t have to endure lengthy journeys or cut scenes, it’s a simple board and arrive at your destination system. I imagine some players will be disappointed with this as the system in FFXI was quite unique and proved popular with the majority of the player-base however not all hope is lost as SE also mentioned something similar would be coming to an update at some point next year.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- The Imperial City Heading To The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited August 31, 2015
- ASUS Teams Up With World Of Warships August 31, 2015
- Motiga Launch Closed Beta For Gigantic August 28, 2015
- Guild Wars 2 Heart Of Thorns Launch Date Announced August 28, 2015
- Player Housing In The Elder Scrolls Online - The Challenges Facing Zenimax 2015-08-03 18:32:07