Mortal Online Accounts Hacked, Items Stolen
Star Vault recently made a post on Mortal Online forums releasing details about a recent security breach. They did state that none of the servers that host the payment and account information details were breached, but players have still been advised to change their account passwords.
Although they’ve yet to release all of the information, they have said that the breach was due to a Star Vault GM’s account being accessed. They have said they won’t mention the red-faced GM’s in-game name, and no personal fault is being pinned on his shoulders. Someone was able to access his account and use the commands to destroy players items and even give out some rather powerful ones. Star Vault have said they will give more information as it becomes available. Mortal Online continues to be one of the most popular sandbox MMORPG games, it will take some time before we know if this breach has any serious effect on the player base.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Scylla Joins The Ranks Of SMITE March 6, 2014
- Check Out This Awesome Coverage From The Auraxis Front Lines March 6, 2014
- New Physics Engine Revealed For World Of Tanks March 5, 2014
- Albion Online Alpha Date Announced March 5, 2014
- SMITE Could Be The Best Beta Journey In MMO History 2014-03-06 19:34:19