Mass Effect MMO “Very Much Alive”
In a recent announcement from Bioware top dogs, MMO fans were delighted to hear about the possibility of a Mass Effect MMO being “Very Much Alive”. The Mass Effect franchise includes 2 top-selling offline games, as well as various books and musical scores and rumors have also spread about a possible début on the big screen.
Mass Effect is known for its interactive story and character voice-overs, following Commander Shepherd and his rag-tag crew through crazy adventures in a futuristic science fiction setting. Fans of the franchise have been craving a MMORPG version for years but it seems the early success of Bioware’s The Old Republic may have been enough to get the popular developers to really consider taking another of their top franchises to the next level.
Critics are already slating the yet-to-be announced MMO, many saying that all the major selling points of a Mass Effect MMO will be identical to that of The Old Republic. Others are saying that’s not a valid argument as games like Allods Online and Dragon Nest both boast similar features but are still unique titles. Only time will tell but we expect a smooth ToR release will be enough to sway Bioware into releasing more MMO titles in the near future.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Armored Warfare Early Access 5 Launching With New Base Features August 28, 2015
- Steam Opens Free Weekend For ARK: Survival Evolved August 28, 2015
- Aeria Games Introduce Community Created Content To S4 League August 26, 2015
- R2Games Announce Winterfrost Alpha August 26, 2015
- Player Housing In The Elder Scrolls Online - The Challenges Facing Zenimax 2015-08-03 18:32:07