LOTR Online – 250 Free Quests
In the latest LOTR Online developer blog, Turbine revealed that the November update will bring over 250 new quests available for all players.
The advent of free-to-play in The Lord of the Rings Online™ created a host of challenges that we needed to address. One of these was the way that the content flow through the world would be broken apart after players get beyond the first levels. We made the decision early that we were not going to restrict a character’s ability to gain levels at a fixed point; instead we were going to allow players to move through the various levels of the Shadows of Angmar content unimpeded. Another early decision was to make the Epic Story 100% free. We feel strongly that our story is the best aspect of our game, and we truly want to share that with new players.
While the Epic Story ended up on the free side of the equation, not all of the game content could, so we assembled the Region Packs starting with the Lone-lands. Since the launch of Free-to-Play, this decision has been one of the more hotly discussed topics amongst the Free player population and we knew that we needed to do something to augment the way that the truly Free-to-Play populace advanced through the game.
The result is the addition of over 250 new quests that are 100% free to all players!
Read more here
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Goodgame Studios Pleased With Success Of Shadow Kings August 22, 2014
- MU Classic Closed Beta Announced August 22, 2014
- PvE Takes To The Skies In World Of Warplanes August 21, 2014
- Latest Video For The Crew – It’s A Playground August 21, 2014
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21