Lineage II Expansion & Free To Play Details Announced
In an announcement we covered last month, we promised to give you any details on announcements regarding Lineage II’s free to play model, so here we are. Familiar AAA publishers NCsoft, the developers that bought you Aion and the upcoming Guild Wars 2, released more information over the weekend giving exact details of the new revenue model and even a sneak peek into the new expansion, Goddess of Destruction.
The new free to play model will do exactly what it says on the tin, a complete free to play experience with no limitations at all. Players are free to progress through the 99 available levels, explore every map, participate in every PvP event and attempt every dungeon. Most AAA MMORPG titles that convert to a free to play model usually implement some kind of restrictions but NCsoft are raising the bar, players will be able to purchase items that will increase the speed of leveling but it will not be a pay to win title.
Also in the announcement was some very basic information on the upcoming expansion, Goddess of Destruction. The new expansion will be the largest in the history of Lineage II, offering players an array of new features and over 400 hours of new content. We’ll keep you posted as more details emerge.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- New British Tank Destroyers Arriving In World Of Tanks December 22, 2014
- Real World Billionaire Challenged To Repeat Success In Virtual MMO Economy December 22, 2014
- SMITE God Giveaway – Awilix December 19, 2014
- Curse Voice To Power SMITE World Championships December 19, 2014
- Top 10 Highest Grossing Free-To-Play MMO Games 2014 2014-12-21 17:22:20