LEGO Universe Joins Free To Play Market
LEGO Universe launched a free to play business model earlier today, allowing players to sample the world of LEGO for the first time since launch early this year. As with most free to play MMO conversions, players are restricted in terms of in game activities and content with the hopes of persuading them to upgrade to the premium version which costs roughly $10 every month. As a free to play player you will be allowed to explore 2 unique adventure areas, and you’re given one area to design/build your own creation. The game also offers a good selection of Mini-Games that are available to non subscribers but to truly experience the game, premium access is a must as without it, you’re not able to enter competitions or join in large scale community events.
This is sure to boost player numbers by at least a small amount but with Indy titles such as Minecraft running the creativity scene, industry experts aren’t sure whether LEGO Universe will get the population boost that Warner Brothers are hoping for.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Huge Content Update Arrives For Zombies Ate My Pizza April 23, 2014
- Night Prowler Bastet Joins The SMITE Battlefield April 23, 2014
- Kingdom Under Fire II CBT To Allow EU & NA Gamers Access April 23, 2014
- Cross Server Tournament Announced For League Of Angels April 23, 2014
- Why Is The MOBA Genre Still Lacking Character Creation & Customization? 2014-04-16 13:48:32