LEGO Universe Joins Free To Play Market
LEGO Universe launched a free to play business model earlier today, allowing players to sample the world of LEGO for the first time since launch early this year. As with most free to play MMO conversions, players are restricted in terms of in game activities and content with the hopes of persuading them to upgrade to the premium version which costs roughly $10 every month. As a free to play player you will be allowed to explore 2 unique adventure areas, and you’re given one area to design/build your own creation. The game also offers a good selection of Mini-Games that are available to non subscribers but to truly experience the game, premium access is a must as without it, you’re not able to enter competitions or join in large scale community events.
This is sure to boost player numbers by at least a small amount but with Indy titles such as Minecraft running the creativity scene, industry experts aren’t sure whether LEGO Universe will get the population boost that Warner Brothers are hoping for.
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- Blue Beetle Set To Debut In Infinite Crisis April 16, 2014
- Heroic Celebrations For 3rd Anniversary In Super Hero Squad Online April 16, 2014
- Swordsman Online Class Reveal Trailer April 15, 2014
- Monkey King Online Leaps Into Open Beta April 14, 2014
- Elder Scrolls Online Launch - A Sign Of Things To Come? 2014-04-09 21:56:29