Jagex Winning Bot Battle For Runescape
Jagex, the developers of the highly popular free to play MMORPG, Runescape, have just left legal proceedings victorious in a case against brothers that have been developing the infamous iBot for Runescape over the last few years.
Runescape has been plagued with bots and RMT issues since its original launch and they’ve made it no secret that they don’t like it. They changed the PvP loot rules, removed open trading and made a number of other changes to combat the issue, only to revert back to the original systems a few months ago. This victory has forced the creators of the bot to pay Jagex for damages, release the bot code and customer details and remove all websites, domains and any available source code from the internet.
This is definitely a one up for the fair players among us, go Jagex!
Featured MMORPG / MMO
LATEST MMORPG NEWS
- SMITE Free Gem Event Underway September 20, 2014
- Vastly Improved Feature List For Astro Lords: Oort Cloud September 19, 2014
- Gotta Collect ‘Em All – New Rift Feature Announced September 19, 2014
- Gaijin Entertainment Aiding With The Restoration Of A Soviet T-44 September 19, 2014
- DayZ On PS4 - Pay For A Console Port Of An Unfinished Game By A Guy Ditching His Own Project? 2014-08-12 23:35:21